Katrina Eileen's Snohomish County Homefinder Blog: The Rest of the Story...These Edmonds Agents try to answer this Question...Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Information or Education When it Comes to Serving Buyers or Sellers in Today’s Market?

Snohomish County, WA Real Estate | Katrina Eileen
Katrina Eileen's Snohomish WA Real Estate Blog



Featured Homes
Bookmark and Share

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Click Here

Search by Listing #




Search by Street Address
Free Email Updates

Send Katrina Eileen a TXT Message

rets

Visit Katrina Eileen's Facebook profile
Visit Katrina Eileen's LinkedIn profile
Visit Katrina Eileen's Twitter account
Visit Katrina Eileen's YouTube profile


Snohomish County Keller Williams Real Estate Careers



Katrina's Snohomish County Homefinder Blog
Subscribe to Katrina Eileen's Snohomish County Homefinder Blog by Email

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Rest of the Story...These Edmonds Agents try to answer this Question...Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Information or Education When it Comes to Serving Buyers or Sellers in Today’s Market?



REMEMBER this guy?                
Last week I shared a story of helping a young reader with reading comprehension.  Helping this reader got me thinking about how much our clients understand.  

To recap:  Most people have found themselves reaching the end of the page of a book not knowing what they read, at one time or another.  I guess it's like some people driving home and not remembering how they got there.  When it comes to reading it may be because you were thinking about a meeting you had, or another important task you need to do, or maybe it was just really boring or confusing and you had a hard time focusing.  Do you think buyers or sellers ever feel this way? 

I'm sure that depending on the level of background knowledge that the individual has, the amount of explanation and guidance needed will vary.  With a strong fiduciary relationship, your client may not feel he or she needs to understand every word of the purchase and sale agreement or listing agreement, but how much of it is clear?

So, last week, feeling like my session with the young reader went really well, I decided to head down to the Bowl of Edmonds and check out this great shop called Bountiful Home.  I had seen photos of a couple of the shop displays on facebook and felt like I had been inspired to get my hands in the dirt and start planting!  I easily found a parking space in the public lot off of 4th Avenue in Downtown Edmonds and practically skipped to the shop entrance.
I wish I had a picture of the arbor over the walkway to post here. 

Near the arbor was a sign pointing out the path around back to the nursery.  With the rays of sun shining down, warming my face (yes - sun - yes, we are 15 miles north of Seattle - I think it may be a myth that it rains here all the time!)....any how the sun was warming my face, a light breeze coming off the shores of Puget Sound...spring truly felt to be in the air....the charm that awaited me out back was such a surprise.

Daffodils have always been a favorite bulb flower of mine.  My grandfather grew them in front of his blueberry bushes when I was growing up....this old bicycle has me wondering if this was a common mode of transportation likely used back when Edmonds was a logging community.  

The picture below is a view of the back gardens, I was told this week by Teeter that soon this area will be full of blooms.  


After exploring some of the views out back...I wandered back to the front of the store...ready to go inside and explore.  I was so excited to be here after planning to come all weekend.  


When I walked up the steps I was greeted by this welcoming sign.  If I did not already feel an extra skip in my step, I sure would now! Who couldn't want to smile, when they look up and read, "Happy to see you!"...?


Before heading to the door, my senses took in the front porch.  A choir of potted perennials greeted me on either side of the entryway.    After my senses had their fill outside I was ready for the delights that were surely awaiting me inside.  Stepping forward turning the knob, while reading the sign on the door - this older, charming building - the door must be stuck.  Again, I read the sign and turned the knob - in unison really.  

Confusion, setting in, my Mary Poppins feeling fading....I step back to reread the sign (the one I literally, just read twice!)  and yes, you guessed it - they were closed.  I truly had just read the sign!  So, what was I thinking of?  Had I not just tutored someone in reading comprehension?  Oh my! Luckily I have a pretty healthy ability to be able to laugh at myself and I did.  

Do you see the last line of the sign?  I took one more lingering look around and headed back to my car.  

I went back and visited last Saturday just before closing!
I will go back again soon and linger, because Bountiful Home is definitely this type of place.       
Honestly, Edmonds, is that type of place.  The charm of the downtown is calming.  I was discussing Downtown Edmonds today with a client looking for a condo near Brackett's Landing beach or really anywhere that they can walk to the Kingston Ferry from.  I described the Bowl of Edmonds as a place where you feel your shoulders drop as you stroll around.  Whether it is summer time with the Edmonds Market or any other day, the people are what make Edmonds so wonderful. Having just moved here from Florida last summer, when we first visited Edmonds, I recall seeing a mural downtown - you may know the one, off of Main Street, near Glazed and Amazed - the mural has the phrase, "An Edmonds Kind of a Day" painted for the caption.  I recall last summer enjoying a food truck meal, reading the sign and saying, "I wonder that means."  Three seasons later, I think I am beginning to understand.  Edmonds is the type of place where you will always receive a warm welcome and a generous smile.  

That being said, it is important to make sure that we are the professionals that our clients can count on.  Not just to provide them with information, but know how much information they need (or do not need) to be provided with. Buyers and sellers today are much more highly educated than they were years ago. Is it a good time?  Sometimes we may be ready to transact business, but the clients we serve may have something on their minds.   The only way to know how much our clients know is to listen to them and ask them questions.



The awesome team of Katrina Eileen Real Estate Team is led by Katrinaherself.  Katrina can be reached at (425)931-3275.  
---
Katrina Eileen
Snohomish County Realtor®
Keller Williams Realty Bothell
(425) 931-3275
---
http://www.EdmondsHomeFinder.com
http://www.SnohomishCountyHomefinder.com
Snohomish County, WA Real Estate, Condos, Homes for Sale
Lynnwood, WA Real Estate, Condos, Homes for Sale
Marysville, WA Real Estate, Condos, Homes for Sale
---

Labels: , ,


# posted by Katrina Eileen @ 11:57 PM

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Blog Home Page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Katrina Eileen It's All About Commitment!
Keller Williams Realty Bothell Direct: .. (425) 931-3275
22614 Bothell-Everett Highway Fax: (425) 481-2846
Bothell, WA 98021 Send Email to Katrina
Keller Williams Realty Bothell, 22102 17th Ave. SE, Suite 200, Bothell, WA 98021



Snohomish County, WA Real Estate | Katrina Eileen
About Katrina Eileen's Snohomish County, WA Real Estate Website: The www.snohomishcountyhomefinder.com web site provides Lynnwood, Marysville, Arlington, Bothell, Brier, Darrington, Edmonds, Everett, Gold Bar, Granite Falls, Lake Stevens, Mill Creek, Monroe, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo, Smokey Point, Snohomish, Stanwood, Sultan, Woodway and Snohomish County, Washington real estate information and resources to guide homeowners, homebuyers and real estate investors through the process of selling and buying a house, condo or other realty property in the Snohomish County area. Katrina Eileen (somtimes spelled as Katreena, Ketreena, Katrenna, or Catrina) has services to help you get the best value for your Snohomish County home and this website offers home buyers and home sellers a superior comparative market analysis (CMA), a way to view real estate and MLS IDX listings including virtual tours, prepare your home for sale, and more. Investors looking for real estate investment properties to invest in need look no farther. Anyone selling a home, buying a home or seeking housing can learn more about our realty services, and will appreciate working with a  Snohomish County REALTOR who knows  the area so well. Through trusted partners, we also provide real estate and financial services to consumers looking for houses for sale or selling their home in Snohomish County, WA, such as mortgages, credit history, new homes, foreclosures and other services. If you've already tried to go the for sale by owner (FSBO) route and find you are needing a partner who you can trust in the sale of your most precious asset, Katrina Eileen can take care of your special needs. It really doesn't matter if you spell it REALTOR, Realator or Realter, realty, realety or reality, real estate or realestate, Katrina speaks  your language.
Great Real Estate Agent Websites for Realtors - Best Real Estate Web Site Design for Realtors (c)2011 HoopJumper WebSystems, All Rights Reserved (949) 309-2299 - Espanol - Sitemap
Bookmark and Share